Wednesday, 19 September 2012

What The Bloody Hell??


So, my trip hasn’t exactly started out as I had planned… Last night (Tues, September 18th) my flight was suppose to be at 8:50pm, for some unknown reason (maybe weather) my flight was delayed until 10:35..1h45mins later, my next flight was a connection in London to Madrid, which was originally about 2.5hours, because of my delay though I only had 45 minutes for my connection. My next flight was at 11:07am (Wednesday Morning) and boarding for it was 10:45am, now because of my delay we didn’t even arrive into Heathrow airport until about 10:10 or so, and then to make matters worse we sat on the plane forever until they discovered that the gate connector thing was indeed broken and that we would have to exit the plane by going down the stairs, onto the tarmac and, into the terminal. GREAT. So finally get into the freaking terminal and discover that I’m at C Gates and I need A Gates, which means I have to take a little underground train thing from C gates to A gates and then get up to where flight connections are, well by the time I had gotten to the freaking flight connection desk I had 3 minutes before my planes departure..yep. So I was redirected to the Customer Services line to re-book my flights..and waiting in line is just so much fun. So finally get to a desk with a nice Indian guy, he’s doing his best trying to help but as it turns out my connection flight to Granada from Madrid is a very rare one and there isn’t one available at all until tomorrow (Thursday morning)  which we find out after a very long search on the computer and a very long phone call to other flight head offices. So now I get booked into a hotel over night in London, when he told me that was the best option part of me wanted to laugh and cry all together, was kind of in that over tired, over emotional state. I was furious when I found out I had originally missed my flight but when he told me I got to stay over night in London I felt almost a sense of relief and just wanted to laugh about it. So here I am it’s only like 12:30pm and I suddenly have a whole day a head of me because my flight isn’t until 6:15am Thursday morning. So I went and waited forever for the bus to show up and take me to the hotel, meanwhile borrowing a random strangers Iphone so I could email my mom because wifi costs money everywhere in the UK apparently. So then I get to the hotel and see the most beautiful thing I’ve seen all day, there is a STARBUCKS in the hotel lobby ahhh!  So after I get me some Starbucks and a complimentary lunch that came as part of the hotel deal -eating by yourself is always fun- I start talking to some of the people working at the hotel trying to figure out what to do, although by this point I’m exhausted from my 7 hour flight which I didn’t really sleep on, a couple of girls recommend I go to some nice small city areas like Uxbridge or Kingston which sounds great to me because I’m exhausted. But then I wander over to the concierge desk and the guy is telling me all about downtown London and tours –which I immediately say no to- since all I have is Euros and the conversion to Pounds is expensive!- I’m considering taking the tube/metro/underground from the airport into Central London, as I’m about to walk away from the Concierge desk a guy who I recognize from the bus trip to the hotel yells over to me asking if I want to go touring with him, he said he’d been to London a couple times before so I said sure why not, company is always nice when you’re traveling. So we head out and catch the tube, the guy is a 32 year old Mexican architect who’s on his way to the Ukraine and had his flight rebooked like me. His English is alright, we talked a lot of Spanglish which was kind of fun, although my brain was not remembering much Spanish due to lack of sleep, we toured all around downtown London, mostly by foot, most of the ‘main’ attractions are pretty close together, the only thing we didn’t see was the Olympic Stadiums but I saw those from the air when we flew in so I’m not too upset about that. What a long day of walking, gotta say though I do love London, it’s a pretty gorgeous place and it was even partially sunny most of the time! Although it was only about 12 degrees so I stuck out like a sore thumb wearing shorts –I was expecting to be in Spain today!- Getting back to the hotel was the best, got a complimentary dinner and then had a bath and got ready for bed with a bunch of the crap that came in the British Airways Complimentary Kit –what a joke. So anyways, my flight is tomorrow at 6:15am so I’m taking a bus to the airport at 5am, funnnn, which means it is time for me to sleep because it is 11:15pm here right now which means I’ve roughly been awake for 35/36 hours? AHHH what a crazy beginning to my trip! I better be in Spain tomorrow! 


Complimentary Kit from British Airways LOL

Le Hotel BA put me up in

Hotel Room

London pics will be posted on my facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment