Wednesday morning after going to bed borracha at 4am, I woke up at 20 after 8 to go to the CLM to take my Italian test, I'm not sure whether I was still drunk, hungover, or just really over tired, maybe a mixture of things...Finally get there just before 9 and check the board with the listings of time and place of the level tests, find the Italian one and my name isn't on it...WTF? So have to go and wait to get into the Secretaría office to see what the heck is going on. 20mins later I get into the office, apparently I was signed up for the 4pm level test..thanks for keeping me in the loop, as usual, CLM. They're so helpful there... anyways I was pretty freaking glad I didn't have the test then anyways because Tuve una resaca (I had a hangover) and pretty much came back home and went back to sleep for a couple hours after talking with the CLM people. So since I had until 4pm to chill around, me and my ubc peoples went exploring the centro some more, we found the big mall called El Corta Inglés which is awesome. It's where the movie theatre and all the big shops are. We stopped at a Cervecería (beer house) to grab some coffee (I LOVE how strong the coffee is here) and food, it was a kool place, kind of had a "deutsch-esque" feel/décor. It started pouring rain as we sat there in the cervecería so we chilled in there awhile and then started wandering around again, we came across this crazy deli/food market, I've never seen so much meat in one place. It was intense! The rain here in Granada kind of goes in phases from being nice and light then turning into a down pour and then returning to a nice light rain before stopping (momentarily), it's now been raining for 2 or 3 days on and off but it's suppose to return to its sunny self this weekend, yay!
The Cervecería logo on the table
The Deli...so. much. meat.
Eventually I had to head back to the CLM for the Italian level test, of course just as I was walking back there it started to pour again, needless to say by the time I reached there I was pretty soaked, fun times. It's so slippery where when it's wet here because a lot of the sidewalks and plazas are smooth from years of erosion and some are just tile and marble in the first place. That was fun trying to navigate my way around that...almost fell on my ass once or twice... So then there was the level test. OMG MY BRAIN. I didn't realize how much Italian I had forgotten..yikes. There was about 10 of us waiting outside the room, a couple of us were english speakers, but most of the people taking the test were spanish speakers which was interesting, but that made my brain hurt even more, talking in English and in Spanish right before an Italian level test...my brain was in overload. The level test itself wasn't too bad, it took less than 2 hours to finish, it was just a front and back sheet of short answer questions and another sheet of fill in the blanks and finish the sentences and things like that, I had to think so hard to pull the words out of my brain though, my Italian has definitely gotten rusty, I know all the words when I hear or read them but I could not think of some of the simplest words from the top of my head. Like the word MORNING, all I kept thinking was mañana (spanish), and matin (french) unfortunately I couldn't make the connection that the Italian word was Matina...like duh, how could I forget that?!
So after the test we had to wait around forever to talk to the profesora about our results and what time we could have the class and whatnot, that made my brain hurt even more, I was trying so hard to talk to her in Italian but my brain still wasn't fully functioning so sometimes I would revert to English but she doesn't speak English that well so I would have to revert to Spanish, my brain was a mess! But anyways, I survived and got placed into second level or something like that which is good because it should hopefully transfer back as 201 and 202 at UBC then. Then there was still the matter of dealing with my course registration and my schedule but of course the CLM office isn't open past 6:30 so I had to deal with all that fun crap another day.
So after the test we had to wait around forever to talk to the profesora about our results and what time we could have the class and whatnot, that made my brain hurt even more, I was trying so hard to talk to her in Italian but my brain still wasn't fully functioning so sometimes I would revert to English but she doesn't speak English that well so I would have to revert to Spanish, my brain was a mess! But anyways, I survived and got placed into second level or something like that which is good because it should hopefully transfer back as 201 and 202 at UBC then. Then there was still the matter of dealing with my course registration and my schedule but of course the CLM office isn't open past 6:30 so I had to deal with all that fun crap another day.
The CLM campus #1

No comments:
Post a Comment