After the craziness of Friday night and Saturday morning I decided to have a pretty chill weekend, just hung around the apartment and aimlessly wandered around the city and other such things, last night (Sunday night) I met up with another UBC friend (let's call them T) and we explored the city a bit, stopping to get a delicious dinner on the way, we got this 'Pollo Granadina' (Chicken Granada Style) and this ensalada mezcla (mixed salad) it had bits of everything, it was soo good, topped it off with a glass of wine of course. Was planning on coming home and studying for my level test which I was planning on taking at 9am, didn't end up going to bed until like 4am because I was up studying and talking to ppls in Canada <3 So decided that maybe taking the level test at 4pm was a better idea. So this morning I went wandering with T and we found like the perfect hangover breakfast (not that we were) of potatoes, eggs, and thinly sliced ham, with some bits of pepper, all on this one plate, fried and delicious, apparently it's a very typical plate of Granada. I Love the food here. So then there was the level test..seemed like a pretty intense test from what I read on the website...was not excited to say the least. T and I get there around 3:50pm and run into another UBC-er (K). We all hang around and talk and eventually wander up to Aula 9 (class 9) where we're taking the test, this test was so long, it was like 5 parts, started at 4pm-ish and it was about 7:20pm when we left the building. There was a listening section which was just like...what?! And then a reading comprehension, blah blah blah, grammar blah blah blah.. and then once we were done we had to wait around for another 25ish mins and then got called in 1 by 1 to talk to the admin guy who gave us our results, it was surprisingly efficient.
It was a bit nerve-racking waiting to talk to the admin guy, but I got there and we briefly went over my test and he was asking me questions about where I study and where I'm from and whatnot, apparently one of his really good friends is in Toronto and he really liked the city, he even told me that he liked it better than New York :O. Aha. But anyways, the level test scale was 1-9, 1-4 meant you take some your classes in English, 4-6 was the CLCE program meaning you take your classes in Spanish, and then 7-9 means you're taking like Native Speaking Spanish classes. I got level 5 which I think is great, wasn't sure if I'd do that well and didn't really want to take classes in English after coming all the way here so I won't complain! Now I have the week off to explore the city some more, planning on doing lots of site seeing tomorrow and wednes!
After coming back from the mindf*ck that was the level test I just sat on my terrace as my brain began shutting down, that test was exhausting. It was nearing sunset on my terrace, there was a nice breeze, the city was quiet. Perfect. I just collapsed in a chair and just enjoyed the peacefulness of the city.
My Terrace @ 8pm. 24/09/12
My Terrace @ 8:10pm. 24/09/12
My Terrace at @ 8:20pm. 24/09/12
That night me and some of the UBC-ers went out and had dinner at this outdoor place which was nice but so expensive! For 3 entrées which we split and a litre of Sangria the bill was like $70 euro which is a lot in Canadian dollars. So we decided from then on we'd probably just have dinner at home and then go out for drinks and tapas (kind of like appetizers) at night time.
No comments:
Post a Comment