Sunday, 16 September 2012
So Long, Farwell...
Well it's less than 48 hours before I leave, it still seems pretty surreal that I'll be in Spain so soon! I've been planning this exchange for 4 or 5 years now, I can't believe it's finally here! Feeling pretty nervous and excited at this point, although not so stoked for the 15 hours of flight/traveling stuff. Surprisingly -or maybe not so surprisingly- I'm still packing but I'm almost done I swear! You seriously don't realize how much work it is to travel until you have to get ready for it yourself, between student visas, figuring out how to get 9 months worth of all my prescription drugs, finding a place to stay, dealing with university tuitions and travel heath care, and just figuring out what to pack it's definitely been quite the (exhausting) adventure already. But here I am, almost ready to go. I'm pretty nervous, I don't really know what to expect, although I guess it was the same way when I first moved to UBC, that time though I at least had the comfort of my parents. But now I'm older and -somewhat- wiser so here goes nothing! It's been pretty hard saying goodbye to everyone, I know I'm only gone for a year and that I'll be back but it's still hard every time I leave. This year I won't be home at christmas which is pretty weird and means I won't get to see all my family and friends in Ontario so saying goodbye to all of them has been kinda hard. I'm seriously missing UBC people already and it's gunna be another year before I see all their lovely faces again, does seem like a lon time but that's just how it goes. I really will (and already do) miss all of you! I just want to say thank you and I love you all, I wouldn't be where I am today without all of you, friends are one of the most valuable things you will ever have in this life, I wouldn't trade them for anything. You guys have taught me so much over the years and put up with all my craziness and ridiculousness, the whining, the complaining, the crying, the loudness, and everything, so I just want to say thank you. Thanks for being there when I needed your help or your advice or just being there to listen, thanks for thinking much better of me than I usually think of myself, for being there to support me and calm me down when I freak out and for being there even when I mess up and do stupid things. Okay, I'm almost done with all the cliché, sappy crap I swear, I mostly just to say that my life wouldn't be the same without all of you and that I'm So grateful you've all been apart of my journey thus far. So all my dear people, Hasta Luego! (See you later!) Miss and Love you all! <3
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment