Spent the afternoon wandering around the city exploring which was nice, I'm starting to get to know my way around here, I can at least make it from my place to the Plaza Nueva no problem now. Last night M invited me to go out with her and her roomies, there was 2 big fiestas going on that were sponsored by the university so we figured we'd go check out at least one of them. I'm leaving to go meet them about 10pm and I'm trying to close the gate (there's a gate at the entrance of my apartment building and then my apartment is in the hallway right next to it.) The gate was pretty difficult to close, felt kinda stuck, but I just forcefully pulled it close and locked it, then I realized I left on the little light in the living room so I was gunna go back in and turn it off..I try to open the gate but I can't, I'm turning the key, I hear the 'click' which should mean it's unlocked but the door won't budge. SH*T. Now what? Well I fiddled with it for a few minutes and then just gave up because I couldn't figure out what the hell was up with this lock and I had to go meet my friend and being somewhat punctual was pretty vital at that point because I still didn't have a phone. I make it to M's place and as usual, plans are all over the place, 2 girls want to go to a pre-gathering at some random girl's house, who's a friend of one of their's, another guy was just gunna head to the fiesta later on, M and I didn't know what we wanted to do.
So we ended up going with the two girls to the random girls house gathering, stopping at the convenience store on the way there to get some vino (insane prices, wine for 2.50 euros) and as soon as we got there M and I were like...we shouldn't have come. It was a Little apartment. There was amazing art work all over the walls though, all in impressionism genre, seeming to all have some kind of Spanish theme. There was a bunch of random people there and almost no room to sit, in the centre of the little square of couches/chairs there was a shisha bong on the table, interesting. So, M and I drank a class of wine and then awkwardly made apologizes and left. We stopped by the convenience store again and picked up another 2.50 euro bottle of wine and went back to her place. Half a bottle of wine later we decide to go to the fiesta that is closer to us, most people were going to the other one but it was pretty far away. The cover for the Campus fiesta was 6 euro but with that you got 2 copas (mixed drink) tickets, plus (certain) drinks for girls were free until 1:30am anyways. It's about 12:30 when we get there, we go down into the club and it's Empty ahaha there was like maybe 6 other people there, M and I are just like WTF? So we go over and sit on a platform thing opposite the door trying to decide what to do...One of the best parts of the night came next...we watched a few other groups of people walk into the club to discover it was empty, the looks on their faces was Priceless, it always like a Just For Laughs Gags joke or Punk'd or something ahaha.
A group of M's Irish friends showed up and they were stunned too but we decided to drink and dance anyway, the music was decent and the booze were free so why the hell not! The club did start to kinda fill up around 2 but at that point we decided we wanted to go check out the other fiesta. The other fiesta is supposedly 'quite far away' so the three of us who decided to leave the Campus fiesta grabbed a taxi, turns out this place really wasn't Too far, the taxi ride was like 8.5 euros. We get there and that fiesta was like 4 euro if you're not a ERASMUS member.. ERASMUS is essentially like the school for european internationals at UGR (university of Granada), they were hosting it and theme was 'dress in your national colours'. The fiesta was in the upstairs of the building, there was a big terrace area and then there was the inside 'club' type of thing, with one big square room which you couldn't move in and then a series of tunnels full of dancing people which were kinda kool. To be honest, most of the night after leaving the Campus fiesta was a little hazy, from all the free drinks and whatnot, when we got to the second fiesta we met up with the 2 girls from earlier and a couple of their other friends. Lots of music, good mix of popular English and Spanish music, lots of dancing, lots of people. And then there was Pablo. Tall, lightly tanned, dark dark hair, light eyes...couldn't tell you if they were green or hazel or blue to be honest. He's studying modern languages and business or something like that at UGR and he's from a city/town nearby. We spent a good portion of the night together and then he left to go find his brothers because they had to head back their grandmother's where they were staying for the night. We parted ways leaving it up to fate if we see each other again seeing as I didn't have a phone and whatever.
So I went and found M and everyone else and we headed out, there was still a line to get in when we left which was insane because we left at like quarter to 5 in the morning, on the walk home Chris the Scottish, Norwegian neighbour of M proclaimed that he was going to prove that he could get a tan and that it wasn't his fault that he was a Strawberry White ahaha and then moments later claimed that he hadn't called himself a Strawberry White and that he had actually said Strawberry Blond...bahaha. By the time we got back to their place and crashed it was about 6am.
Sunset from my terrace over Granada
Sign of a good night of partying
No comments:
Post a Comment