the weather was pretty gray and rainy but we still wanted to continue our exploration of the city all the same. We decided to head up to the Albacín area which is the Arabic influenced zone of the city up on the hill side on the other side of the Alhambra from where I live. We walked up there for a couple hours, found lots of kool little places and things including an outdoor workout area with random pieces of work out equipment which we thought was hilarious but we were having serious problems finding the actual like centre of the Albacín, I'm pretty sure we wandered through a few parts of it but we weren't entirely sure what we were looking for and the weather wasn't great so there wasn't too much going on up there. It was an interesting adventure as always though, we found a spectacular view of the city up there.
The outdoor workout park ahaha
Spectacular view of the city we stumbled upon
Later that night we wandered around in another little Arabic-esque area closer to the centro and stopped at this beautiful little restaurant/shisha house and got some Turkish coffee (Café Turco) and some Delicious hummus and naan bread, along with a lamb and rice dish. So Good. There are lots of beautiful little places like this one around the city, I love them.
The interior décor was beautiful
DELICIOUS Hummus and Bread
There's also a ton of small shops in the same little Arabic area as the restaurant with all kinds of interesting clothing, tapestries, trinkets, scarves, etc. I decided to splurge a little a buy couple things from one of the little shops, there was a little bargaining involved but to be honest I didn't try that hard, I think here, as well as everywhere in market places like this, the original price they give you is a lot higher and then they will easily bargain it down. Anyways, ended up getting a wall tapestry and a skirt for 24 euros in total which isn't too bad since the 'original price' was about 46 euros.
Skirt I bought
The Tapestry, I'm kind of in love with it
No comments:
Post a Comment