Monday, 15 October 2012

Some pieces of the soul

A few random poems inspired by my España

winding roads
whispering winds
wandering through my mind
quick tongues
quicker flamenco fingers
plucking the strings of my heart
the ancient cracks
curled in iron
imprinted beauty in my eyes
doorways laced in flowered garments
flourishing shards of azul
piecing my mosaic back together
---
I wish I could tell you
how the night shines
under the pale moonlight
of this ancient love
but words could never express
what the eyes drink in
this beauty, only truth
steals my breath
like the nights we never held
remind me, my love
of the wonder, of the lust
lost in the effervescent lights
of the ageless city below
---
I am falling in love 
with the city of love
where all the lovers come
to fall in love 
oh to be in love
I am so in love with the love 
that this city gives 
if only I too could be in love
with a lover
in this city of great love 
how lovely the nights would be
to share love under the loving stars
and be at one with love 
---
church bells resonating
birds softly singing as they float in the sky
wind rustling through the ancient gardens of time
the sweetest melodies of spanish guitar filling my soul
basking in the midday sun
perfection.
---
every day I wake
feeling as though I still dream
for the beauty is inexplicable 
how could it be 
that this is my life
---
me la siento
con mi alma
la veo
con mi corazón
siempre
la tengo
en mis ojos
la perfección del amor
de mi ciudad, de mi casa
de mi vida en este momento
---
(older poem)
my thoughts
drift and dribble
in and out
connecting, forgetting
las almas de la noche
vienen por mí
robando mi corazón
somewhere in
between the lines
the words
the letters
caught in the white empty
spaces
de la noche
de la noche
estoy aquí
no recuerdo el tiempo o la lugar
but I cannot forget
you
tus ojos como el mar puro
those lips untouched
but soon to be
oh whisper
te quiero
te quiero
ahora
la noche corre
jealous of us
and our desires
en la oscuridad
tu piel en mi piel
la luna, el sol, las estrellas
no pueden vernos
esta noche

No comments:

Post a Comment