As a little post exam break Mads, TamTam, and I headed for the beach on Thursday morning. Well kinda, Mads and TamTam both had flights on Friday to their holiday destinations, I was just along to enjoy the sights. We left early Thursday morning so we got the whole day to explore and settled into the hostel, our hostel was a really kool place not too far from the main area of the city as well as not too far from the beach, it was a pretty jazzy, reggae kinda place. It was so kool! We spent the day wandering the city and eventually ended up at the beach, so nice. We lazed about there for awhile and then wandered back towards the centre of town. We checked out the christmas markets and saw some of the tourist sights then wandered around checking out the kool little stores and restaurants.
We ended up having dinner on this balcony on the 2nd floor of a cute little restaurant somewhere in the middle of the city centre. The food was decent but it was more just the novelty of it that made our decision, I mean, how often do you get to have dinner on a cute little balcony? Anyways, next day Mads had a really early flight so it was just me and TamTam exploring the city, we did some touristy things and then she had to go catch her flight. So I decided to just laze about at the beach again for a couple hours, it was a gorgeous day and I had nothing else to do.
That night there was big group gathering organized by the university for all the students who were hanging around in Granada for the holidays, my Irish and Polish friends were going so I figured I should check it out. There was a group of about 20-25 of us, I knew 3 people there and recognized a couple others, there was also a group of american girls, one who I had met before, they were kinda kool. The tour guy explained a bunch of the spanish traditions as we wandered over to the christmas markets and then the group went out for tapas, it was a fun night.
The following day I met up with some of the Americans to go shopping and then a bunch of us met up for tapas again that night, we all ended up going back to my place and drinking more..perhaps a little too much. To be honest I didn't even realize how drunk I was until people started leaving and I had to clean up the house, ohman. The next day was just a sleeping kind of day, I've gotten so unproductive since exams ended aha love it. That night went out for tapas again with a couple of the Americans, we mostly stuck to this one street of bars, definitely found some interesting ones..there was one that was literally just covered in images of Jesus.. it was odd.
Monday Carlz and Mich showed up, was so happy to see them! It's been quite awhile since I've seen anyone from home, they were visiting me for the holidays which was awesome. They arrived in the afternoon, it was Christmas eve and I had decided to have a dinner at my place with a few of the others who were still around. Everyone brought food/drinks and it was definitely a fun night, lots of hilarious stories and weird conversations, although I think some people had a little too much to drink. Ahwell. Was definitely a good way to spend Christmas eve.
Christmas day we took it easy, hung around the house and skyped all our parents/family. Eventually we went out in search of some kind of dinner and ended up just tapa hopping and walking around the city. Explored the christmas markets a bit and just had a pretty chill night. Not your traditional christmas but whatever :).
Boxing day I showed Carlz and Mich around Granada, we did some shopping and say the sites. Later that night we met up with my Ty for tapas and then we ended up on a climbing adventure up on the mountain side making our way towards the Alhambra. After lots of climbing, walking through forests, stumbling around gravely paths we eventually made it into the Alhambra and then wandered around there for a bit, later heading into the Albyzin to the Mirador San Nicolas. Was definitely a fun night of adventure.
Unfortunately the next day was the day Carlz and Mich were leaving and I also contracted some kind of stomach flu/food poisoning thing of some sort. Definitely wasn't a fun day, so Carlz and Mich packed up and we said goodbye and they headed off to Madrid for their flight home. I ended up just spending the rest of the day in bed.
Was definitely a different Christmas than usual but it was still a great one. In Spain they have a big dinner on Christmas Eve but then their actual Christmas isn't until Jan. 5th/6th so it's still pretty festive around here. Boxing day sales also start after the 6th, woo! Hope everyone out there had a great Christmas/holiday family time! :)
Dec. 19-27
No comments:
Post a Comment