A laugh escapes my throat
But I'm not there
I look in people's eyes
Shake their hands
But I'm not there
I walk the streets
Breathe in the air
But I'm not there
I go to work
I go to sleep
I eat
I see
I smell
But I'm not there
My mind is thousands of miles away
Chasing after my heart
---
So many times I tried to tell you
So many times I choked the words back down
---
It's a longing
a yearning
I haven't known
I've been full with this ache
Because
My heart finally found a home
I've fallen in love with many cities
many in countries beyond my own
But in the end
There's only one place
I call home
The place my heart chose
Where the mountains meet the ocean
And the wind whispers welcome home
---
Like a moment
Frozen in time
A life, a memory
A museum of me
Of a chapter
Of who I used to be
I'm surrounded by pieces
Of who I was
Of who I'm not
Reminded of the hopes
And dreams
I once had, I lost
The odd familiarity
Of a world
Where nothing has changed
Except me
No comments:
Post a Comment